Dinmore Records, named after Dinmore Manor in Herefordshire where some of our recordings were made, is a small independent record label which, since the late 1980s, has been providing competitively-priced location recording, post-production, artwork and duplication facilities for many CD productions, both private and commercial, involving professional, amateur and student performers.
Over the years, we have produced a wide range of recordings involving solo performers, chamber ensembles, orchestras, choirs, jazz/folk groups etc., recorded at public concerts as well as in private sessions. We have full post-production (digital editing and mastering) facilities, and can also undertake compilation/remastering projects from existing material.
Excellent recording quality is assured by the use of specialist professional equipment combined with extensive experience, and engineer/producer Paul Arden-Taylor is also a highly experienced professional classical musician, which helps the whole process to go smoothly.
Quotes are given for each production, and there is no minimum order quantity for CD duplication. Additionally, we offer all-inclusive, fixed-price production packages covering everything from location recording to delivery of ready-for-sale CDs. These packages afford considerable fundraising potential and have proved particularly popular with schools, choral societies and other organisations who need to know the exact cost of a CD recording project in advance. Our concert recording service provides the performers with a treasured memento of a special occasion and a handy source of Christmas presents for friends and relatives!
Whether you are considering a full CD production, or a recording of that important concert, or would merely like a treasured old recording transferred to a one-off CD, we should be delighted to discuss your requirements and provide a quotation. Sample CDs are available on request.
Some of our Previous Customers
- Woodwind/Brass: Judith Hall, Adam Walker, Julian Cawdrey, Imogen Triner, Leslie Craven, Simon Lenton, Tim Thorpe
- Strings: Michael Bochmann, Raphael Wallfisch, Susanne Stanzeleit, Morgan Goff, Stjepan Hauser, Thomas Gould
- Harp: David Watkins, Kate Wilson, Eleri Darkins
- Guitar: Adam Khan, David Carroll, Craig Ogden
- Piano: Malcolm Binns, John McCabe, Mark Bebbington, Marios Papadopoulos, John Talbot, Raphael Terroni, Radoslav Kvapil, Martin Roscoe, Malcolm Wilson, Philip Martin, Peter Donohoe, Simon Callaghan, Hiroaki Takenouchi, Graham Lloyd, Terence Allbright, Yoko Misumi, Cordelia Williams
- Organ: Kevin Bowyer, David Ponsford, David Briggs, Catherine Ennis, James Parsons, Martin Setchell
- Singers: Carolyn Sampson, Anna Dennis, Susannah Clarke, Louise Mott, Patricia Rozario, William Berger, Geraldine McGreevy, Adrian Thompson, Roderick Williams, April Frederick, Jane Manning, Stephen Roberts, Colin Howard
- Composers: John Joubert, Guy Woolfenden, Christopher Ball, John Rose, Edward Watson, Oliver Brookes, Brian Blyth Daubney, Ro Hancock-Child, Ian Venables, Roger Lord, Edward Williams
Fine Arts Brass, Saxtet, Oboeworks, Praetorius Consort, Adderbury Ensemble, Emerald Ensemble, National Youth Chamber Orchestra, English Symphony Orchestra, City of Oxford Orchestra, Police National Orchestra, Warwick University Orchestras, National Youth Recorder Orchestra, Orchestra of the Swan, Birmingham Symphonic Winds, Coull Quartet, Astaria Quartet, Corelli Orchestra, Fitzwilliam String Quartet, Gould Piano Trio
Exeter College Oxford, Royal Leamington Spa Bach Choir, Cavendish Singers, Cecilian Singers, English Concert Singers, International Youth Choral Festival Choirs, Haydn Festival Chorus, Royal Naval College Chapel Choir, Rossica Choir of St. Petersburg, Goring Chamber Choir, Bath Choral Society, Stafford & District Choral Society, Warwick and Nottingham University Choirs, Birmingham Conservatoire Chamber Choir, Elgar Chorale, Llanfair Singers, Tarantara
British Music Society, National Trust, UK Sibelius Society, Royal Shakespeare Company, Ernest Read Music Association, British Federation of Festivals, New Youth Opera, Dudley Piano Competition, County Music Services of Sussex, Shropshire, Staffordshire & Warwickshire, English Music Festival, English Poetry & Song Society
Oundle, Bedford, Monmouth, Stowe, Christ's Hospital, Queenswood, Badminton, Queen Anne's Reading, King Edward's Birmingham, King Edward's Witley, Christ's College Brecon, RNIB College Worcester, Manor Prep Abingdon, King's Hall Taunton
Carlton, Regis, Forum, Alto, Griffin, Guild, Quantum, Somm, Pavane, Nimbus, Mollterz, Cathedral Classical, NPC Records, Mel Bay Records, English Concert Recordings, Chandos, Clarinet Classics, Omnibus Classics, Disque d'Or, Naxos, Musical Concepts, Magdalen
"Beautifully recorded" (BBC Music Magazine, awarded 5 stars for sound quality)
"Sound and balance are eminently truthful" (Gramophone)
"The ideal combination of warmth and clarity" (International Record Review)
"Exceptionally well-balanced ... sonorous and vividly detailed" (MusicWeb)
"Very naturally recorded" (Penguin Guide)
"A splendid disc" (Classic FM Magazine)
"The recorded sound is unsurpassed" (Classic Music on CD)
"Finely caught by engineer Paul Arden-Taylor" (Classic CD)
"A model of clarity" (International Piano)
"Recorded with stunning impact" (Organists' Review)